6 oz baby bella mushrooms
1 large green pepper
1 yellow squash
3 medium tomatoes
1/2 c fresh basil, coarsely shredded
4T extra virgin olive oil
3T balsamic vinegar
4T pine nuts, toasted
1 1/2 c quinoa
3 c. water
1. Combine quinoa & water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat & simmer for 15 minutes. Fluff with fork.
2. Light the grill.
3. Cut zucchini & squash lengthwise into 1/2 inch think planks. Place ion a baking sheet and coat lightly with olive oil; salt & pepper to taste.
4. Halve green pepper; quarter if need be (you want this relatively flat for grilling.
5. Clean mushrooms & cut off a small bit of the stem.
6. Core and dice tomatoes. Combine in a large bowl (big enough for all the vegetables in the end) with the basil; toss with the oil & vinegar.
7. Grill the zucchini and squash over medium-low heat, turning once. While they are grilling, toss the mushrooms and green pepper on the baking sheet and coat with whatever oil has remained behind.
8. Remove the zucchini and squash when tender (just taking a paring knife without much pressure). Grill the green pepper, turning once, and the mushrooms, turning as needed, until done.
9. Cut the zucchini and squash into 1/2 inch pieces. Quarter the mushrooms. Cut the green pepper into 1/4 inch slices.
10. Throw into the bowl with the tomatoes, etc. Toss well.
11. Serve over the quinoa and top with pine nuts.